The School of Development Economics was founded, along with the establishment of the National Institute of Development Administration, on April 1, 1966. It was to follow His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s vision of advancing Thailand’s development through the establishment of an advanced educational institution to prepare people to become agents of change for national development.
As a leading economics school in Thailand, the School of Development Economics has become the country’s “Economics Think Tank.” Our Master and Doctoral graduates are equipped with expertise in economics and in ethics in order to better serve the public and private sectors. We also produce quality research for the public.
Currently, we offer five programs:
- Master Program in Economics
- Master Program in Business Economics
- Master Program in Financial Economics
- Master Program in Economics and Management
- Doctoral Program in Economics (International Program)
The graduates of our master programs are trained to be economists in the public sector, the private sector, and international organizations. The programs focus on economic analysis and research skills in relation to “current issues” concerning economic development. The doctoral program emphasizes both academic excellence and research skills provided by our experienced faculty members, both Thais and those from other countries.
The School also carries out other activities, such as research, training courses, seminars, continuing education courses, and consulting work for the public and private sectors. The School continues to participate in a number of activities related to economic development and continually proposes solutions to the country’s economic problems.
Vision of Graduate School of Development Economics
“To be part of a sustainable development mechanism by producing graduates and knowledge in economics with international standards”
Mission of Graduate School of Development Economics
- To produce graduates with the ability to apply economic theory to the problems in the real world
- To research and develop economic knowledge
- To provide quality academic services in the fields of business and economics to the society
- To develop the School’s management in the dimensions of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness
Goals of School of Development Economics
To provide graduates with cutting-edge knowledge of economics, emphasizing the importance of high academic standards, ethics, and the ability to meet the need of society